Quilting Ergonomics: Necks and Backs On Demand Webinar
Title: Quilting Ergonomics: Necks and Backs
Doing what you enjoy does not have to be a pain in your neck! --or your back, or anywhere else for that matter. In this presentation, Michael Engman takes us on a guided tour of the framework underlying these “problem areas” and equips participants with specific and actionable strategies to help achieve positive health outcomes. Although this presentation is focused specifically on the neck and back, the content’s true value may be its universality-- it’s useful for anyone with a body!
The objective of this class is to give you the tools you need to (1) understand what’s going wrong, (2) confront your situation confidently, and (3) to recover, preserve, and nurture healthful aspects of your lifestyle.
What You'll Learn At This On Demand Web Seminar
- To identify and address the source(s) of your neck and back pain
- Ergonomic considerations for your workspace
- How to live well with persistent/chronic pain
- To implement a recovery regimen
- Techniques to reduce stress and tension
- Strength and resilience exercises to prevent future injury
- To apply your knowledge to any situation
Michael Engman is a certified personal trainer, orthopedic exercise specialist, and avid health enthusiast. The principles of kinesiology and ergonomics are central to his work as a fitness educator and wellness coach. Michael leads an active lifestyle in Colorado involving mountain climbing, martial arts, and trail running with his dog.