No More Backaches: An Ergonomic Approach to Quilting On Demand Webinar
This item is a digital download and incurs no shipping or handling charges.
Quilting can be an enormously rewarding craft, but it can also take its toll on the body. Long hours of repetitive and nuanced movements rightfully demand our thoughtfulness and attention. As he is not a quilter himself, presenter and personal trainer Michael Engman provides a fresh and informative look at the quilting process and the ways that it can affect our health. In this presentation Michael shows you how mindful movement in a well-designed workspace not only reduces the negative impact of your activity on your body -- it improves efficiency, output, attitude, and perhaps most importantly: it enhances your connection with your own body and your work.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The fundamentals of ergonomics and comfort
- How quality movement can keep you quilting longer
- Tips to avoid common injuries associated with quilting
- How to work around existing pain, not through it
- Gentle stretches for: hands, wrists, shoulders, back, and neck
- How to effectively customize your workspace to fit your needs
- To apply your knowledge of quilting ergonomics to any situation
Michael Engman is a certified personal trainer, orthopedic exercise specialist, and avid health enthusiast. The principles of kinesiology and ergonomics are central to his work as a fitness educator and wellness coach. Michael leads an active lifestyle in Colorado involving mountain climbing, martial arts, and trail running with his dog.